2012 federal skilled worker program for tradespeople

In our other article, we explained the many different ways of applying for permanent residence. The new list of Federal Skilled Worker (Category 1) will be out soon and the Government of Canada is expected to update this skilled worker [...]

Coming to Canada: Temporarily, or Permanently

By Eman Galang   Coming to Canada entails answering the question “do you want to come to Canada temporarily, or you want to stay in Canada on a permanent basis”. Persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of [...]

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Effective 05 November 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has temporarily stopped accepting new applications for the sponsorship of parents and grandparents.  Only applications to sponsor parents and grandparents received before 05 November 2011 will be processed.  This temporary pause in accepting [...]

Federal Skilled Worker Class: PhD program (Category 3)

Do you know that the Federal Skilled Worker program has a new eligibility stream that is open to international students who are pursuing or who have completed doctoral (PhD) studies at Canadian institutions. You may be able to apply for [...]

India & Canada: Student Partners Program

Do you know that the Federal Government of Canada offers prompt processing of study permit immigration applications for students from India? This is Canada’s Student Partners Program. In cooperation with Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC), a group of Canadian [...]

Become a permanent resident by claiming refugee status inside Canada

Are you temporarily in Canada and you don’t want to leave because you fear persecution when you return to your home country as it would subject you to danger of torture, a risk to your life or a risk of [...]

Lost temporary status in Canada

If any of the following apply to you; You came to Canada on a valid temporary resident visa (TRV) to visit Canada for a temporary purpose such as tourism, visiting family or friends, or business trips, but remained in Canada [...]

Temporary foreign worker: Caregiver Work Permit

Caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision.  If an application for caregiver work permit is approved by the visa officer, the approved caregiver must live [...]

Family Class : Sponsoring the permanent residence of your conjugal partner

Do you want to sponsor your partner to come to Canada but has doubts on whether you are qualified to do it because you are not married with him or her, or you are not common-law partners, and you both [...]

Federal Skilled Worker Immigrant Visa

Federal Skilled Worker Immigrant Visa Did you know that effective July 1, 2011, the Government of Canada has started accepting applications for permanent resident visas under the category Federal Skilled Worker Immigrant Visa from applicants with job experience (at least [...]