Federal Skilled Worker Immigrant Visa

Federal Skilled Worker Immigrant Visa

Did you know that effective July 1, 2011, the Government of Canada has started accepting applications for permanent resident visas under the category Federal Skilled Worker Immigrant Visa from applicants with job experience (at least 1 year for the last 10 years) in the following occupations;

■0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers

■0811 Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)

■1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management

■1233 Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners

■2121 Biologists and Related Scientists

■2151 Architects

■3111 Specialist Physicians

■3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians

■3113 Dentists

■3131 Pharmacists

■3142 Physiotherapists

■3152 Registered Nurses

■3215 Medical Radiation Technologists

■3222 Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists

■3233 Licensed Practical Nurses

■4151 Psychologists

■4152 Social Workers

■6241 Chefs

■6242 Cooks

■7215 Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades

■7216 Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades

■7241 Electricians (Except Industrial & Power System)

■7242 Industrial Electricians

■7251 Plumbers

■7265 Welders & Related Machine Operators

■7312 Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics

■7371 Crane Operators

■7372 Drillers & Blasters — Surface Mining, Quarrying & Construction

■8222 Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service

The overall applications that will be accepted is 10,000 beginning July 1, 2011 up to June 30, 2012.

Within the 10,000 limit, a maximum of 500 applications per National Occupation Classification (NOC) code.

Basic qualifications to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Visa:

1. WORK – Applicant has at least 1 year work experience (within the last 10 years) in any of the above occupations.

2. EDUCATION – Applicant has educational qualification relating to the occupation under which he is applying.

3. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY – Applicant has completed and passed IELTS English Language Exam.

4. SETTLEMENT FUNDS – Applicant has proof of funds of at least $11,000 to be used by him to support his settlement in Canada. The required funds will increase depending on the number of family members who will accompany the Applicant to Canada once the visa is approved. (Most approved applicants did not bring with them their family to Canada once the visa is given, after few months of settling in Canada they apply for sponsorship of their family members).

If you wish to know more about this opportunity to immigrate to Canada, please email  Please feel free to forward this note to anyone who maybe interested.

For free, no-cost, worry-free assessment of your qualifications, call us at Phone No. 905­564-99-31 or email us at

By ICAN Inc.

Leave a Reply