Become a permanent resident by claiming refugee status inside Canada

Are you temporarily in Canada and you don’t want to leave because you fear persecution when you return to your home country as it would subject you to danger of torture, a risk to your life or a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment?

If you feel that you will be persecuted or otherwise at risk as mentioned above if you return to your home country, you may be able to seek protection in Canada as a refugee.  If you are determined to be a refugee, you may be granted permanent residence status in Canada.

Refugees and people needing protection are people in or outside Canada who fear returning to their home country. In keeping with its humanitarian tradition and international obligations, Canada provides protection to thousands of people every year.

Canada offers refugee protection to people in Canada who fear persecution or whose removal from Canada would subject them to a danger of torture, a risk to their life or a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment.

If you are in Canada, you must immediately inform the Immigration Officers that you are claiming Refugee status.  The Officers receiving your refugee claim will decide whether it is eligible for referral to the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB), an independent administrative tribunal that makes decisions on immigration and refugee matters. The IRB decides who is a Convention refugee or a person in need of protection.

Who is a Convention Refugee?

Convention refugees are people who are outside their home country or the country where they normally live, and who are unwilling to return because of a well-founded fear of persecution based on:



•political opinion

•nationality or

•membership in a particular social group, such as women or people of a particular sexual orientation.

Who is a Person in need of protection

A person in need of protection is a person in Canada whose removal to their home country or country where they normally live would subject them personally to:

•a danger of torture;

•a risk to their life; or

•a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment.


We can help you apply, claim and process your application for permanent residence as a Refugee; call us at Phone No. 905­564-­99-31 or email us at  If you are unsure if you are a Refugee status, contact us for a free assessment of your case. 

By ICAN Inc.


Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.